Live love laugh

Live love laugh

Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Job!

         


         As you have read my earlier blogs a few months ago I was very unhappy with myself. Didn't know when I would get a job again. I felt like maybe I was being punished. I prayed and still had faith that God would find me a job.I know I would find one it was just a matter of time. Man, God has great timing doesn't he?! All that time waiting for a job, It was defiantly worth the wait! I have been blessed beyond blessed to have the job I have! I can't even tell you how thankful I am to be working at Garden Country Nursery. (Look it up!) I thank God everyday for my wonderful job. I feel like I'm dreaming. This doesn't feel real. You must be thinking. "Wow it's just a job" not really. It's like a little family. We look out for each other. We have fun! We laugh! I look forward to go to work. I actually get excited! It's just an environment you want to be in and never leave..

          I have been at Garden Country for little over three months and I feel like I've been there for years.. besides the experience part. I feel acceptance, loved, and wanted. I'm going to brag for a bit, but my boss Shelly really is an amazing woman. She has a great heart for people and God. I feel like I've known her my whole life. I love the fact that she tells you your doing a great job and appreciates you! I also love that she can be my boss and a friend! Yes she is my boss, and she isn't afraid to let me know that! She loves what she does and it shows. When my dad asked me a year ago " Do you think we should move" I immediately had no hesitation. I said yes I KNOW were supposed to be there. I am so glad we moved here!

           My first day at my job was seriously the best! It's all kinda a blur cause it went by so fast. But what I do remember is I went into the office to get everything ready for me to work. Get a radio, clock in and all that jazz. I was there maybe 45 minutes and a truck full of annuals shows up.. I didn't even know what annuals were at the time, sad I know. So this truck full is here and people are speed-walking to the truck. I was the second one there so I could get directions on what to do, but it happened so fast no one told me what to do. So I'm standing there like an idiot wanting to help but didn't have a clue where to even start. Moments later one of the girls yells "Erin grab the flowers take them off the cart and put them on our carts"..  a little confused on why we can't just load the flowers into the greenhouse and put them where they belong. Now I know why! It was like a race. Having flats full of flowers thrown in your face and being yelled at to put these flowers where they belong. I was sooo lost.. Finally when I got the hang of it, it went by pretty fast! I was amazed on how fast these guys can unload a truck! This is my kinda job. I was sweating in places I've never sweat before! my face was beat red. Thirsty like I was stuck in a desert for days. (dramatic much) I  looked one of the girls completely in shock on what just happened and said " That was awesome!" I was so pumped. I was thinking to myself, this is what I'm going to get paid for? I love a challenge at that was deffinelty fulfilled within 45 minutes!  Everyday got more and more easier. I was learning new things everyday. I was helping people by the minute picking out flowers that would be best in shade or sun. It was a great feeling knowing I had helped someone. I struggle with the perennials the most, because for two months all I was in was the greenhouse non-stop. Now I know how to water properly, know where all the flowers went,  if they trailed or were uprights. It's crazy how much I've learned in the three months I've been there. I had no idea about plants. Yeah they were pretty but you have to work to make them stay pretty. Over watering will make them not so pretty soo I try NOT to do that!

            Right now I'm not in the green house nearly as much as I was. I'm outside a lot more doing different kinds of tasks. Such as putting chairs and tables together or putting together a gazeebo and my favorite, cleaning!  And if you know me I love to clean! I can't help it, it's in my blood. Me and one of the guys are in the process of moving pots onto pallets and cleaning up. It's hard work, but totally worth it! I literally jumped at the opportunity to help clean the West building and the pole barn! I was so excited! I still am!  I absolutely loooove it. Thank you Jesus!
= )












No comments:

Post a Comment